Cub Packs offer learning programmes where children are encouraged to experience, experiment, and explore…
As a Cub you will:
- Make new friends and have lots of fun!
- Go on exciting new adventures like camping, bushwalking, kayaking, and rock climbing.
- Spend time in your community, work in teams with others, and learn about different cultures.
- Learn new skills and test your creativity.
- Participate in Events such as Pinewood Derby, Mudslide Day, and JOTI (Jamboree On The Internet).
Challenge and fun are the focus of the Cub programme. Challenging hikes, weekend camps, and an introduction to water activities like canoeing or kayaking are just a few of the fun outdoor adventures that Cubs enjoy. Cubs are encouraged to try new and challenging activities.
The Scout promise is:
On my honour, I promise to do my best,
to develop my spiritual beliefs,
to contribute to my community, country and world,
to help other people,
and to live by the Scout Law
Te kī Taurangi Scout (Our Scout Promise)
E mana ai taku kī taurangi, kia pukumahi te mahi,
Kia tau te whakapono-ā-wairua,
Kia ihu oneone ki te hapori, ki te whenua tupu, ki te ao
Kia manaakitia tangata kē atu,
Kia ū ki tā te ture i kī mai ai.
For All young People
We welcome rangatahi and tamariki between the ages of 5 to 26. We are open to young people of all ethnicities and religions. We are the worlds largest non-formal education institution, serving over 13,000 young people all across New Zealand. We organise ourselves around five sections.