Venturers create and run their own programmes and use their experiences to push boundaries and become leaders in their communities…
As a Venturer you will:
- Create lasting friendships and connect with others across the country.
- Plan and lead your own adventurous experiences.
- Learn important skills for life and tackle the big issues facing the young people of today.
- Create a positive impact in your communities.
- Participate in National and International Events, like Venture, Regional Camps, National Schools, and World Jamboree.
- Have tons of fun!
The Venturer programme offers exciting, fun, real-life, hands-on experiences for youth. By taking a step up in leading and running their own activities, Venturers learn to nurture an active, healthy lifestyle; acquire the knowledge and skills for life and career development; and participate in thrilling outdoor adventures. Weekend events, extended hikes, camping, space for reflection, community service and more, round out the Venturer experience
The Scout promise is:
On my honour, I promise to do my best,
to develop my spiritual beliefs,
to contribute to my community, country and world,
to help other people,
and to live by the Scout Law
Te kī Taurangi Scout (Our Scout Promise)
E mana ai taku kī taurangi, kia pukumahi te mahi,
Kia tau te whakapono-ā-wairua,
Kia ihu oneone ki te hapori, ki te whenua tupu, ki te ao
Kia manaakitia tangata kē atu,
Kia ū ki tā te ture i kī mai ai.
For All young People
We welcome rangatahi and tamariki between the ages of 5 to 26. We are open to young people of all ethnicities and religions. We are the worlds largest non-formal education institution, serving over 13,000 young people all across New Zealand. We organise ourselves around five sections.